Thursday, May 22, 2008

American Idol ROCKS Out

The Winner - Well just like I was hoping the rocker David Cook was inaugurated as the new American Idol for 2008. I must confess to putting in 30 or so votes for DC on Tuesday night but the margin was so huge (12 Million votes) thats hardly scratching the surface. Now we can only hope and pray they find DC some quality songs as good as the ones that Daughtry has been putting out lately (its all about the songs my friends). If they get some great songs then David C will have a career that lasts beyond the initial publicity flurry that every idol receives. As Taylor Hicks and Ruben Studdard have proved, IDOL does not guarantee a long lasting career.

Our Idol Winner - David Cook also took 40% of the Vote on LoveSongs.com...check out our Final Vote talley on Idol Poll

My Idol Song - Of course I still think that my tune "I Am The One" should have been in the running for the Idol Winners song. Please check it out at "I Am The One" and let me know whatcha think.

Website Updates - These are moving slower than planned but they are progressing. We are now up to 3300 Song lyrics and our initial Wedding section updates will launch this Tuesday 5/27

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! - Please have a great Memorial Day weekend and please remember all those who served and sacraficed for the freedoms we sometimes take for granted.

That's all see ya next week on Tuesday with another update!

~Vincent James @ LoveSongs.com

No comments: