Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Special song for you this "Fathers Day"

Long ago, in a far away place (okay I haven't really moved and it wasn't THAT long ago :)). Anyhow, some years back, I wrote a song for my daughter Priscilla when she was just an infant. The lyrics talk about how hard it will be for us as parents to watch her grow up, and eventually leave the nest. Well that infant is now 16 years old, and just two years away from High school graduation. My wife and I are definitely starting to FEEEL it as she gets closer to adulthood. On one hand, we love watching our children grow up, and mature into young adults, then on the other hand it's going to be so hard to let them go some day.

"Your Love is a Miracle" is the song I wrote and below is a link a live video recording I did this week in honor of Fathers Day (and the Mothers Day just passed). Some of the lyrics:

"All that I love, now she's grown up...I'll miss the days..when she was here.."

For anyone who is a parent, perhaps you can relate to this. Or maybe you are the son or daughter watching your parents go through these mixed emotions. Either way, I hope you enjoy the song and video for "Your Love is a Miracle".

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there this Sunday - enjoy some extra family time - your kids and you deserve it!

Peace, Love & Laughter,

~Vincent James @ LoveSongs.com

No comments: