Wednesday, April 28, 2010

American Idol Goes to Top 5 Tonight

This week I did get to watch the show live and all in all it was a good show. Shania still looks great and she had some really good advice for the contestants. As for the performances there were definitely some I liked better than others. My Top 3 would be Aaron Kelly with "You've Got a Way"(that boy can sing and he really means it when it comes out), Michael Lynche with an excellent job with "It Only Hurts when I'm Breathing"(Michael is probably the best vocalist over all in the top 12) and once again Crystal Bowersox with "No One Needs to Know" (although the wow factor was missing from her performance this week). Lee DeWyze sang "Still the One" and for some reason I just don't understand the praise consistently given him....he's almost always off-key many times in his performance and there is just no real energy with his delivery. Casey James I generally like a lot although the song last night ("Don't") for me didn't do much for me. This brings me to my biggest disappoinment Siobhan Magnus with "Any Man of Mine". I love it when Siobhan wails (most times) but more and more when listen to the sound of her voice when she's not wailing and its just not that appealing a sound..it almost has a cringe factor with it which is odd because it is on key. I don't know what it is but I definitely don't like her as much as I used to.

Here's my picks for tonight...I think the bottom 3 are going to be Siobhan, Casey and Lee (or maybe I'm being hopeful ha :)) and my vote for most likely to go home is Siobhan...she's very talented but I think her time as come and hopefully her regular voice will develop more as she tours and continues to perform.

That's all for Wednesday folks...be back tomorrow with more info on Idol and full details on my "Music for Mom's" tour at 8 different Borders Bookstores next week!

~Vincent James @ LoveSongs.com

No comments: