Monday, February 22, 2010

Mondays Featured Tune - "Hey Soul Sister" by Train

The rock band Train hit it back in 1999 with the song "Meet Virginia" off their debut self-titled CD...then hit paydirt again in 2001 with "Drops Of Jupiter" that went all the way to #5 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. They took a break in 2006 to spend more time with family and came back in 2009n there was a bit of a dry spell before last year when they hit #7 with "Hey Soul Sister" which really is a catchy number. I'd only heard it a few times and then I came across it again tonight on the radio and its such a cool little song that makes you wanna dance around and sing it :) Check out "Hey Soul Sister" here:

"Hey Soul Sister" by Train (YouTube)

Voting starts on American Idol Tuesday Nite with da Girls!

The Top 12 girls of this years American Idol class kick off the live singing and voting tomorrow nite. Will be our first chance to see and hear Ellen live on the show and hear how some of our favorite singers this year do singing live. The girls kick it off Tuesday then the boys on Wednesday with the results for both coming on Thursday. I made my top 8 prediction last week we'll see if any of my favorites start dropping off (don't ask me why top 8 I just picked the 8 I thought could really win based on what I'd seen and heard so far).

Here's hoping for a great week for everyone - will be back at ya tomorrow/Tuesday with another post and possibly another great pop song to tell you about...I love finding great new (and old) songs!

~Vincent James @ LoveSongs.com

No comments: