Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today's Featured Song - "Break Even" by The Script

I heard a very different and cool song a few weeks back and I didn't catch the name or band. Then I went searching today and found it - "Break Even" by The Script. An Irish rock band very popular across the pond, The Script has started to make inroads in the states. "Break even" really gets your attention from opening notes and by the time it hits the soaring end of the chorus "I'm falling to piecessssss ...." you are completely hooked. If you haven't heard it yet you are missing it out - please check out The Script right here: "Break Even" by the Script (YouTube)

American Idol Guys debut Tonight on FOX

I just finished watching the guys do their thing live for the first time on American Idol...I missed the first 4 contestants and unfortunately most of the rest never really got my attention either. Probably the one that really has potential is Joe Munoz...I wasn't bowled over by his performance but definitely a lot of potential..same thing for Tyler Grady and Casey James. Its good these guys and the girls will get 3 weeks to develop their chops some more before the Top 12 are announced in 3 weeks. Those that remain will really benefit from this extra development and some will start to shine even more as their confidence builds. In the end my favorite of the nite was Lee DeWyze who I almost forgot about simply because his name is kinda different (makes no sense right). Other then being a little pitchy his version of "Chasing Cars" by Sno Patrol was excellent. Tomorrow nite we'll find out which 2 girls and 2 guys are going home and see if my original Top 8 are still intact ha!

Have a great Wednesday nite folks we're in for more snow hear in Philadelphia (noooo nooo make it stop :)). Will be back tomorrow with another post!

~Vincent

No comments: