Thursday, March 11, 2010

American Idol - Looks like I picked only 2 out of 4 this time

2nd post for the day - just an update on AI. The final 12 are in and looks like my average is slipping this week as I only picked 2 out of the 4 folks that went home (see my blog posting from a few hours ago above). I was right on the money with the guys both Todrick Hall and Alex Lambert said goodbye...Todrick gave an even better performance tonight of "Somebody To Love" by Queen and almost brought the house down. Alex was visibly upset at missing the cut but managed to get through "Trouble" again....Alex has a lot of talent too just needs more experience.

Now for the ladies I was completely off...I had Lacey Brown and Paige Miles going home but in the end it was Lilly Scott (my runnerup for going home) and Katelyn Epperly. Both Lilly and Katelyn sang old songs ("I Fall To Pieces" from 1961 and "I Feel the Earth Move" from 1971) and didn't do anything to update them. When your possibly on the edge of being voted off that will do it every time. Paige also sang an old song "SMile" but she got away with it this time probably because she wailed on a Kelly Clarkson song last week (so that girl can sssssing!).

Next week its the Top 12 with one singer going home each week (most weeks sometimes its 2). We'll be blogging after each show what we think, picking our favorites and also featuring 3 new songs each week. Have a great nite all and we'll be back tomorrow with another post and the featured song for da weekend!

~Vincent

No comments: