Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lady Antebellum leads the ACM Nominations

We just can't get that "Need You Now" song out of our head and apparently neither can the country music industry. Lady Antebellum snagged 7 American Country Music Award nominations to lead the pack with Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert tagging at their heals. Its been a big year already for this talented trio after already appearing on the Grammys recently. I'm looking forward to hearing more great music from these folks! Lady Antebellum leads ACM Nominees

American Idol Top 10 Guys are finishing up now

Just finishing up watching the Top 10 guys for American Idol as they prepare to lose two more this Thursday after the voting. Overall as a group they have gotten better from last week but I haven't seen a lot that amazed me this week...although I missed almost all of Michael Lynches performance (will check the tape and feedback later). Once again though song choice is proving to be crucial..I wish I could spend 15 minutes with each contestant each week helping them pick a song and the arrangement. I mean I'm no musical genius but I think I'd do a bit better...its hard for them most are so young and inexperienced.

Most disappointing performance of the nite for me was Andrew Garcia..I really like Andrew but like the judges said he's continuing to take steps backward...strange song choices and pitching all over the place...he really needs to pull another "Straight Up" miracle out of his hat if he's here next week.

On a side note I really enjoyed Ellen a lot more tonight then last week. She's bringing a lot more humor to the panel with her comments tonight and it makes the show that much more entertaining.

That's all for tonight...featured song is still "Perfect Day" by Hoku - stop back tomorrow for another blog post and a new featured song!

~Vincent James @ LoveSongs.com

No comments: