Tuesday, March 16, 2010

American Idol Top 12 Does the Stones!

Its hard to believe that Mick and Keith from the Rolling Stones first met forming a band way way way way back in 1962. And this past summer their tour is one of the biggest live tours ever by any artist. I mean isn't that just incredible. There are many Stones songs I've always loved and most have been the softer ones..."Angie"..."Beast of Burden" (ok not totally soft) and mysterious songs like "Paint It Black" and the classic "Ruby Tuesday". Then there are the classics played by almost every bar band for the last 40+ years..."I Can't Get No Satisfaction" and "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and so so many more.

Well our American Idol Top 12 took on the Stones tonight and for the most part did a pretty good job. My favorites tonight were definitely Siobhan Magnus with "Paint it Black" and Aaron Kelly with "Angie"....and Casey James did a great job with "It's All Over Now"....Didi Benami did "Playing with Fire" which honestly until tonight I had never heard (or don't remember hearing). She definitely pulled something out of what was a slow moving song and made it pretty cool (although I'm sure Mick Jagger did a fine job of it as well :)).

My least favorite performance of the night was Lacey Brown with "Ruby Tuesday"..the judges praised it for the most part but I just felt it was way too pitchy and unsteady throughout. I'm afraid Lacey's time may have finally come. Also in my bottom three for this week would be Andrew Garcia with "Gimme Shelter" and Katie Stevens with "Wild Horses"...both kinda boring performances...decent vocals but just nothing you could grab onto and say wow that's good.

Well stay tuned tomorrow nite to see who goes home and see how far off I am with my bottom 3 guesses :) Have a ggggreat nite all we'll back on Wednesday with a new featured song tooo!

~Vincent

No comments: