Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday's Love Song Flashback - "Clair" by Gilbert O'Sullivan

40 years ago an Irish singer-songwriter burst onto the US music scene with a voice that was unlike any other. Unmistakeable whenever you hear it, Gilbert's beautiful tenor delivers raw emotion at its very best. He hit the top of the Billboard chart in early 1972 with "Alone Again, Naturally" perhaps the saddest song ever to hit the airwaves. I personally was hooked on this song for many years first learning to play solo guitar using the instrumental passage from "Alone Again.." as a guide. Later that same year Gilbert hit #2 with "Clair" an uptempo ode to a girl he will never forget. This mid-tempo pop ditto will stick in your head long after you hear I promise. Gilbert is still actively releasing new music and performing live in his native Ireland (I wish it were in the states so I could go and see). Please listen to "Clair" and tell me what you think

"Clair" - YouTube

You can catch up with Gilbert's current activites on his own website at www.gilbertosullivan.com and if you make it to Ireland this year to see him pls say hi for me :)

I hope you all had a great weekend and I'm looking forward to making more updates to the website this week. Look for the full info on my Whirlwind Valentines Tour tomorrow and some fun with American Idol mid-week and of course a new pop'n'love song feature every day!

~Vincent

No comments: