Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesdays Song - "Falling for You" by Colbie Caillat

Maybe its the uptempo beat or just the simple yet refreshing chorus hook that just draws me in..I'm not sure what it is but I really like Colbie Caillat's "Falling For You" better than her previous two singles even though "Bubbly" was a top 5 hit and "Realize" cracked the Top 20. Still "Falling for You" hit #12 which isn't too shabby and I think in the end has more staying power. If you don't know Colbie's story its pretty cool...her dad Ken Caillat co-produced both the Rumours and Tusk by the legendary Fleetwood Mac (definitely had a musical upbringing). As an unsigned singer Colbie's MySpace page became incredibly popular which let to her major label ties, 2 CD releases and lots more we hope. To hear this cool tune check out the YouTube video at "Falling for You" - YouTube

Music Stars onboard for Haiti Telethon

Taylor Swift, Jennifer Hudson, Christina Aguilera and others have signed on for the Hope for Haiti now telethon this Friday January 22nd. For some more info on this important cause visit the People magazine article at Hope for Haiti Now Concert. I know the past year has been tough for many of us but if there is anything you can give to help the effort I'm sure the people living the tragedy every day will appreciate it.

That's all for today folks...be back tomorrow with more music news and another featured song...hmmm I wonder what it will be (really i do since I don't usually decide until right before I post :))

~Vincent

No comments: