Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesdays Song - "Already Gone" by Kelly Clarkson

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly still love you! On her 4th album including her American Idol debut CD in 2003, Kelly shows she has no plans to leave the pop music scene anytime soon. This album featured "My Life Would Suck Without You" (#1 Billboard Hot 100), "I Do Not Hook Up" (#20 and another great pop/rocker like "My Life would Suck.." and now she hits us with "Already Gone" which made it to #13 on the Hot 100 chart. This is a haunting mid-tempo song that draws you in slowly one line at a time in the verse...then the soaring chorus of "Already Gone..." seals the deal and you undeniably in love with another Kelly tune. I was so glad to see her bounce back from the disappointing "My December" and look forward to seeing many more great tunes from her. 10 Million albums sold in the US and counting way to go Kelly and thanks to American Idol for finding this talented girl! Watch and listen to "Already Gone" here:

"Already Gone" - YouTube

Imagine for minute how many lives would have been different had Justin Guarini had won the First American Idol back in 2002. You just never know where fate is gonna take you!

Music Biz exec to replace Simon Cowell at American Idol?

Didn't I just post about this yesterday - man I'm psychic ha ha. Seems that music biz veteran Tommy Mottola (ie. the former Mr. Mariah Carey) is being courted by producers to replace Simon Cowell. I don't know if Tommy or any music biz exec has the charisma to pull this off but I guess we'll have to wait and find out. I wonder if its not working out Fox will pull an NBC move and yank the new judge and try to get Simon back :) The entertainment biz is a strange place. Here's a CNN Article on the possibility of Tommy Mottola replacing Simon: Tommy Mottola to replace Simon?

I watched both nites of Idol this week - there were a few singers that really caught my attention and some interesting back stories (and the whip was a nice touch too from the Barney girl :)). All in all its shaping up to be a good season and looking forward to the Hollywood round in a few weeks.

That's for Wednesday folks its been a crazy crazy day in my world. Have a great nite and will be back tomorrow with another tune for ya!

~Vincent

No comments: